Monday, January 5, 2015

Graphic Novel: Csejte

I took a free course online about graphic novels. It was a wonderful experience, in which I learned a lot. Besides just doing papers on excerpts of comics (which I haven't written a paper in a long time), we also did a short graphic novel for the class. Mine was called Csejte, after the place where Elizabeth Báthory, the 1600's women who killed young girls for their blood to maintain her beauty. (True story)
I have a lot more to this story in my head and I would like to do something with it. I only had a week left to work on it so I had to cut it short and make it a cliffhanger kinda. The experience of working on this comic made me work out some of the issues with the story and hear feedback from around the world. I will more than likely redo this at some point, but I thought I should share what I did for the class here. Also, I don't know why, but everytime I do a graphic novel the title page is in another language.


Check out the story after the break.






I have this labelled as watercolors, while it actually is pastels used as cake watercolors, due to the fact my watercolors were trapped in my best friends basement. It still worked though.

No comments:

Post a Comment